29 Jan Defective Product Injury
JEFFERSON CITY’S TOP PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWYERS
Manufacturers are responsible for putting a safe product on the market, and they are at fault for any harm end users may experience while using their goods, within reason. A defective product could be a product which was designed with defects or manufactured improperly. If you, or a loved one, were injured by a dangerous or defective product, the law firm of Carson & Coil can explore and pursue your claims against the original company.
Our law firm is one of the oldest and most respected firms in Jefferson City and Mid-Missouri, and we have gained a reputation for effective advocacy in civil litigation. Our personal injury attorneys have secured settlements and verdicts in a range of product liability lawsuits including a recent award of $1 million against a manufacturer for an improperly fitted wheelchair that caused further injury to a paraplegic client.
The Experience and Resources for Product Liability Litigation
Rudy Veit and Mark Ludwig are proven trial lawyers who are backed by our firm’s extensive resources. They are Carson and Coil’s top attorneys for handling any product liability case. Our firm has demonstrated liability in the form of design defects, manufacturing defects and failure to warn of likely dangers in a variety of product liability cases:
- Workplace machinery or power tools
- Automobile and tire defects
- Dangerous toys and consumer goods
- Medical equipment and surgical/medical devices
- Dangerous pharmaceuticals
- Other recalled and defective products
We work with clients to detail the extent of injury and any enduring disability or disfigurement, and we carefully calculate the impact on our clients’ lives in terms of medical costs, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and reduced quality of life. Our group of product liability lawyers are dedicated to making sure that you reach a fair settlement or are fairly compensated.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Defective product lawsuits are extremely complex, and they require experienced product liability lawyers to handle these types of claims. It is imperative to contact knowledgeable and experienced attorneys to pursue your product defect claim.
Carson & Coil seeks justice for our clients and compensation for various defects. We are one of the oldest, largest and most respected firms in Jefferson City and Mid-Missouri, and we have the resources and the background to handle even the most complex issues. Our firm traces its roots back more than 60 years. We have a rich history in work injury settlements and workers’ compensation along with other defective product injury cases.
About Defective Product Lawsuits in Missouri and Jefferson City
Definition of Product Liability Claim
Missouri product liability law holds manufacturers, distributors and sellers of defective products responsible for ensuring the safety of their products. Missouri statute 537.760 defines a “product liability claim” as one where:
- The defendant makes a product in the course of its business and sells it;
- Someone uses it in a way that the defendant could reasonably anticipate (this includes anticipated misuse);
- The product was defective and unreasonably dangerous when sold; and
- The product causes an injury.
Categories of Product Liability
Product liability can usually be broken down into three categories:
- Defective Design – This deals with the way that the product is designed, and if it is unsafe for use.
- Manufacturing Design – A product liability lawsuit may be categorized as an improper manufacturing design if the design is reasonably safe, but the product was defectively manufactured.
- Failure to Warn – Liability can arise when the manufacturer, or other parties in the chain, fail to properly warn the consumer or end-user about the dangers posed or fail to give proper instructions on how to use the product safely. In Missouri, these claims are subject to a “state of the art” defense set forth in RSMO 537.764.
You can get more information on product liability litigation in Missouri from the University of Missouri School of Law’s Product Liability Litigation: Relevant Statutes in Missouri guide.
Hazardous Product Attorneys Serving the Injured in Missouri
Let our consumer protection advocates and experienced personal injury lawyers determine if you have grounds for a lawsuit. If we take your case, there are no attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Contact us online or call 573-298-4186 today for a free case evaluation.